$4.48 Billion Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) Market by Mobility, Application, Size, Mode of Operation, System – Global Forecast to 2030 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) Market by Mobility (Wheeled, Tracked, Hybrid, Legged), Application (Commercial, Military, Law Enforcement, Federal Law Enforcement), Size, Mode of Operation, System, and Region – Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global unmanned ground vehicles market is estimated to grow from USD 2,273 million in 2020 to USD 4,484 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period.
Unmanned ground vehicles or UGVs were earlier used mainly in the defense sector but are now finding applications in the civil and commercial sectors as well. Ranging from micro to large, UGVs are used for various functions, such as demining, surveillance, data acquisition, warfare, agriculture, logistics, and firefighting, among others. Extensive research & development in the field of virtualization and robotics is being undertaken to make advanced versions of UGVs available for these applications.
The increasing demand for UGVs in the commercial and defense sectors and technological innovations that have created a demand for UGVs for the performance of complex operations with minimal human intervention and greater safety are the major factors driving the unmanned ground vehicles market. The success of UGVs in combat operations has proven their reliability in emergency situations, which is also expected to drive the adoption of UGVs in the Asia Pacific region.
On the other hand, reducing defense budgets in the North American and European countries are expected to hamper the growth of this market. Other major restraints in the unmanned ground vehicles market include the limited endurance of batteries and incapability in performing missions for long durations.
- Increasing Use of Robots in Areas Affected by Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Attacks
- Growing Demand for Autonomous Systems in the Defense and Commercial Sectors
- Rising Adoption of UGVs for Counter-Insurgency Operations
- Developing Smart Robots to Carry Out Combat Operations
- Improving Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Target Acquisition Capabilities of Defense Forces
- Requirement for Developing Sophisticated and Highly Reliable UGVs
- Lack of Advanced Visual Capabilities in UGVs
- Development of Fully Autonomous UGVs
- Increased Defense Budgets of Different Countries for Unmanned Systems
- Requirement for Continuous and Uninterrupted Power Supply in UGVs
- Hardware and Software Malfunctions
- Economic Challenges Due to COVID-19
Average Selling Price Trend
Value Chain Analysis
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles for Swarm Operations
- Multi-Mission Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Cross-Platform Communication
- Swarmdiver by Aquabotix (Australia)
- Lockheed Martin (US) Launched a UAV on Command from AUV
Price and Specification of Key Unmanned Ground Vehicles
Technology Enablers for Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Autonomous Navigation
- Soldier Machine Interfaces
- Terrain Mobility
- Remote Control Station
- Robotic Follower Advanced Technology Demonstration
- Semi-Autonomous Robotics for Future Combat Systems
- M160 Anti-Personnel Mine Clearing System
- Packbot and Talon Family of Systems
- Route Reconnaissance and Clearance Robot Program
- Applique Kits
- Supervised Autonomy to Neutralize and Detect IEDs
- Squad Mission Support System
- Brain Computer Interaction Technologies
Capability Gap in Autonomous Behavior Technologies
Innovations and Patent Registrations (2010-2019)
Impact of Mega Trend: Robot Construction Using 3D Printing Technology
- Aselsan A.S.
- Autonomous Solutions, Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Boston Dynamics
- Clearpath Robotics
- Cobham plc
- Dok-Ing D.O.O.
- ECA Group
- Flir Systems, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Howe & Howe Technologies, Inc.
- Icor Technology
- L3 Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Leonardo DRS
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Magforce International
- Nexter Group
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Oshkosh Corporation
- Re2, Inc.
- Rheinmetall AG
- Superdroid Robots, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s81m8n